What is a Learning Commons?
A learning commons, formerly known as the school library, is a shared learning space that is both physical and virtual. Like libraries, the learning commons supports a student-centered approach by providing quality resources and flexible space for instructions, social and collaborative learning, production and presentation.
Research shows that students who have access to quality school library services, whatever name it goes by, are more likely to exhibit advanced student achievement and literacy development. Senator Buchanan Elementary is committed to providing this for our students.
Destiny is our learning commons catalogue system.
If you are looking to see if we have books by your favorite author or a certain title, please click here.
Select the Catalog tab on the top left-hand side.
Please remember SPELLING is important! If you aren't getting any results, perhaps check what you have typed.
Senator Buchanan school has been fortunate to welcome several authors to our school.
Here are links to their websites:
Favorite author's websites:
- Dav Pilkey , author of Captain Underpants, Ricky Ricotta's Robot, Ook & Gluk the Kung-fu Cavemen and more.
- Jeff Kinney , author of Diary of a Wimpy kid series.
- Chris Van Allsburg , author of Polar Express, Jumanji, Zathura and many more.
- Lisa Wheeler , author of Dino-soccer, Dino-hockey and much more.
- Mo Willems , author of the Pigeon, Elephant & Piggie and more.